Summary of Work for Communication Intern
Scope of Work
The Intern will have three main responsibilities throughout the period of the Internship; participant engagement, programmes support, internal and external communications – with core duties briefly outlined below. Flexibility, enthusiasm and teamwork are essential for this role. Additional duties may be required on an ad hoc basis, in line with the Innovation for Change Africa Hub deliverables.
The intern’s tasks would be to facilitate Africa Hub –Online Platform Moderation through:
- Engaging with platform users, post content and moderate discussions and comments
- Supporting social media engagement
- Monitoring the community for violations of the code of conduct
- Provide translations as needed in either French, Portuguese, or Arabic
- Collaborating with regional administrators on content calendars, alerts, cross-regional posts, etc.
- Assisting with content planning and design
- Translating project documents and participant communications.
- Drafting proofread and send invitations to participants for activities
- Contributing to scheduling, managing and contributing to pre and post-engagement calls with participants.
- Working with the Global Communications Team in ensuring Innovation for Change and Africa Hub communications strategies are streamlined and linked;
- Responding to enquiries from external Stakeholders
- Supporting the Africa Hub in developing and tailoring their Regional Communications Strategies and Guide
- Providing social media support by scheduling and posting across various channels (namely Facebook and Twitter based on the guide developed for daily postings
- Assisting in compiling global-level newsletters in various languages
- Assisting in the drafting and editing of articles and pitching to media, as needed
- Assisting in the design of communications materials (flyers, infographics, videos, freebie materials) where needed
- BA in Communications, or related field; MA a plus
- Ability to work in a remote team across varying time zones
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- WordPress and Mailchimp experience a plus
- Design skills a plus (Adobe Cloud Suite)
- Language skills will be given high preference (French, Portuguese, Arabic)
Terms of Appointment
- The length of the contract will be 12 months. This Intern position is open to Kenyan nationals only.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are to submit letters of application, by quoting the subject of the email REF: ‘communication & Engagement Intern, accompanied by a CV to Africa Hub Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org before August 28, 2017.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Interview date: To be notified later to short-listed candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com